A shower curtain is one of the most overlooked items in your bathroom. It’s usually just a plastic or vinyl curtain that hangs from two metal rings, and it gets wet every time you take a shower. You might not think about it until you’re looking for things to clear out of your house because they don’t go with the new décor. But did you know that there are plenty of eco-friendly options? These curtains won’t be as cheap as those made with less expensive materials, but they’ll last longer and can help reduce your impact on the environment by being more recyclable! Read on to learn more about our top picks for the best eco-friendly shower curtains on Amazon!
What is an eco friendly shower curtain
An eco-friendly shower curtain is made of more sustainable material, whether it be bamboo, cotton, or hemp. They are typically better quality and can last longer than their plastic counterparts because they’re not being exposed to the same aggressors that cause them to break down quickly (and let water in). These curtains also have less packaging waste because you don’t need any extra liners or sealers for them!
Benefits of using an eco friendly shower curtain
- These curtains will last longer than plastic and vinyl ones because they’re not exposed to the same aggressors.
- They are typically made of a more sustainable material, which is better for the environment.
- No extra liners or sealants needed! The best part about this kind of shower curtain is that it’s usually cheaper in the long run, too! Eco friendly materials like hemp lasts up to three times as long as traditional plastics so you won’t need replacements quite as often. Plus, since bamboo requires less water (and fertilizers) during production while still being strong enough for home use – your wallet should thank you too!
Avoid PVC-coated curtains as they are not eco friendly
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly shower curtain, avoid PVC-coated curtains. It is best to only use those that are constructed of bamboo or other sustainable materials because they won’t have any chemical stabilizers and will break down much more quickly than their cotton counterparts.
This kind of material can be dangerous if it gets into your lungs (if you breathe in the fumes) so contain them with a plastic liner before putting them on your rod! This also means that these shower curtains shouldn’t come in contact with moisture from the bathtub, sinks or kitchen faucets as this could lead to leaching.
How to choose the right size for your bathroom
- Some people think the best thing about eco-friendly shower curtains is that they come in a variety of sizes, so there’s one for every bathroom! With all these different size options, you’ll have no problem finding something to fit your space.
- The best way to find out which size will best suit your needs is by measuring from ceiling tile down to where you want the top edge of your curtain to be. This measurement should be given in centimeters or inches and indicate how many centimetres high or wide you would like it.
- Another factor when choosing the right size is whether or not you plan on using any rings with hooks at the bottom corners (this makes it easier if water gets inside). These can vary dramatically depending on the size of your shower or bath.
- Lastly, make sure to take into consideration how your curtain will be hung. If you have a rod that is too long and doesn’t allow for enough space between curtains, it’s best to measure from wall-to-wall rather than ceiling-to-floor as this could dramatically affect which length would best suit your needs!
How to clean and maintain your eco friendly shower curtain?
Cleaning and maintaining your eco friendly shower curtain is best done with a mild soap or detergent. It’s best to avoid using harsh chemicals for this because they can be harmful if absorbed by the curtain!
You also want to make sure that you’re not washing it in water that is too hot (which could damage some of the materials). You should always hand-wash these curtains, as well – never put them through a wash cycle on their own. This will help ensure they last longer than traditional plastic ones! And remember: when you first purchase an eco-friendly shower curtain, do not let water touch it until after at least 24 hours of use so any chemical stabilizers have had time to stabilize.
Eco-Friendly PEVA liner shower curtain
The best thing about shower curtains made out of PEVA is that they’re recyclable so there’s less waste in landfills as well as a smaller carbon footprint overall since energy isn’t needed for production – instead, it just needs to be heated up for the best of these materials.
PEVA is chlorine free
PEVA is chlorine free so it’s best for people with sensitive skin who are more prone to develop rashes and other issues when they have contact with harsh substances. It has a soft surface that won’t irritate the eyes or scratch your skin which helps ensure you’ll be able to enjoy taking your showers without worrying about having any reactions.
FAQs – frequently asked questions about eco friendly shower curtain
How long should I wait before washing my new eco-friendly shower curtain?
It’s best to allow at least 24 hours for any chemical stabilizers used in the manufacturing process of your new shower curtain. This will give them time to stabilize and create a protective barrier on the surface that won’t be easily penetrated by water, making it easier to care for!
Can traditional liners or sealants be used with an eco friendly shower curtain?
No – these curtains are best left alone. If you do want to use one (perhaps because you have multiple kids who like using showers) then make sure that they’re made out of PVC-coated polyester instead! These materials are not as environmentally friendly as what you would want for your ECO-friendly shower curtain.
What are the best materials for a shower curtain?
PEVA, TPU, or 100% cotton curtains are best.
Do I have to worry about my kids getting stuck on their new ECO-friendly shower curtain?
No – your eco friendly shower curtains are made out of moisture-resistant materials that will help prevent any potential mold growth, unlike vinyl which is highly susceptible. With these materials, you won’t need harsh chemicals or bleach either because they’re better for both people and the environment.
You can always use vinegar as an alternative that will also freshen your bathroom without risking harming your health (or damaging the surfaces in there).
You can reduce impact on the environment by using shower curtains made with eco-friendly materials
Some of the best options are made with PEVA or TPU which is a more expensive but highly durable and eco-friendly material. You also won’t find any harmful chemicals in them so there’s no need to worry about what might get on your skin as well, making this an option that can be perfect for those who have allergies or sensitivities.
Eco-friendly shower curtains can also be recycled which will help ensure that they’re not wasting natural resources or taking up space in a landfill, so it’s best to consider these options for those who are more environmentally conscious when looking for the best eco-friendly materials on the market.
The most important thing to think about when it comes to finding a best eco-friendly shower curtain is the material. There are plenty of materials that can work – you just have to find out which one best suits your needs and preferences.
The options include:
- PEVA liner shower curtains which offer moisture resistance, no risk of mold growth or harsh chemicals, and recyclability.
- PEVA is best for people with sensitive skin because it’s a chlorine free material
- TPU is more expensive but durable so it will last longer which means you won’t have to replace your shower curtain as often. It also doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals or emit odor.
Recycle as much as possible – it’s important for reducing our carbon footprint on the planet!
These best eco-friendly shower curtains will help you reduce your environmental impact on the planet and make it easier to take care of your bathroom. It’s important that we recycle as much as possible – whether it be with the best eco-friendly shower curtain or other household items so that there are fewer resources being wasted!
The best eco-friendly shower curtain will be one that isn’t designed for clear water runs or ordinary high-pressure cleaning. They should have good zippers and closures so no water escapes either. The material should also be sustainable which means that if it gets wet too often then there might still be bacteria growing inside even after washing – this could lead to health risks such as allergies or skin irritations. But don’t worry! There are plenty of options that will work best in your shower.
In the end, it’s about making small changes like this to make a big impact on our planet so explore some great eco-friendly curtains today and see how much you can do for yourself and others around you.
In today’s world, we want to do everything possible in order to lessen our impact on the environment. One way you can do so is by using shower curtains made with eco-friendly materials. Eco-friendly shower curtains are chlorine-free and PVC-free as well which means they will not release harmful chemicals into your bathroom or home when exposed to water over time. We recommend always choosing a size that fits your bathroom best and cleaning it regularly for optimum performance. If you have any questions about this please feel free to contact us or leave a comment below!