Did you know the average person spends about 90% of their time indoors? That’s a lot of time to be surrounded by stale air! Air fresheners are everywhere, but most contain harsh chemicals that can irritate sensitive skin and lungs. How do we make our homes smell fresh without harming our health? Eco friendly air fresheners offer safe alternatives to conventional air fresheners. They’re made with pure essential oils, organic corn starch, and all-natural ingredients for your peace of mind. This blog post will help you learn more about the differences between natural and artificial air fresheners and how they can affect your health. Take control of your indoor environment today with one simple green purchase!
What are conventional air fresheners?
Conventional air fresheners are highly fragranced chemicals that eliminate or mask bad odors. They come in many forms, including sprays, candles, and plug-ins which release their fragrance into the air over time. Air freshener is also a term used to describe household products like deodorizers and disinfectants. The problem with conventional air fresheners is they contain harmful ingredients such as phthalates (a chemical linked to birth defects), terpenes (which can irritate an asthmatic’s lungs) and formaldehyde (linked to cancer). Their ingredients may be natural oils but these only cover up bad smells instead of actually eliminating them as eco friendly alternatives do!
What are Eco Friendly Air Fresheners?
Eco friendly air fresheners are eco friendly alternatives to conventional air fresheners. They’re made with pure essential oils from all natural ingredients and safe alternatives to harmful chemicals found in conventional alternatives. These eco friendly options offer many benefits such as eliminating or masking bad odors, plus they come in scents you may not find elsewhere like lavender vanilla, orange spice, ocean mist and more. Eco-friendly products also eliminate the risk of allergic reactions since there are no harsh chemicals added to them.
You can make your home smell fresh without harming your health by using eco-friendly air freshener. Eco friendly air fresheners are eco-friendly alternatives to conventional ones that come with many benefits, eliminating or masking bad odors while also offering scents you may not find elsewhere.
Why use Eco Friendly Air Fresheners?
- Safe for sensitive skin and lungs
- Eco friendly ingredients -all-natural ingredients
- Eco Friendly Air Freshener are never tested on animals
- Eco Friendly Air Freshener use eco friendly packaging that is biodegradable
Eco Friendly Air Freshener is Safe for Sensitive Skin & Lungs
Did you know that 75% of people with asthma have allergies? Asthma can develop after exposure to harmful ingredients like artificial fragrances that go into conventional air fresheners. Many eco friendly air fresheners are made without these ingredients so they’re safer for people with respiratory issues like asthma, allergies, and even cancer!
Eco Friendly Air Freshener is Safe to Use Around Pets & Children
Since eco friendly air fresher doesn’t contain harsh chemicals that irritate the skin or lungs, you can use them around your pets too! You probably also have children in your home who may touch things you spray it on. These eco friendly products are safe enough to use around kids because there aren’t any harmful chemicals added to make them smell nice either!
Eco Friendly Air Freshener is made with eco friendly ingredients
Natural essential oils, organic corn starch, and all-natural ingredients make eco friendly air freshers a safe alternative to conventional ones.
These eco-friendly ingredients offer many benefits like being completely natural with no artificial fragrances or colors, eco-friendly packaging (biodegradable), plant based products (vegan/cruelty-free), responsibly sourced raw materials – ethically mined minerals & sustainable forestry practices.
Tips on how to choose an eco-friendly air fresher:
- Look for eco friendly air freshener that’s made with pure essential oils. Essential oils are known to have natural anti bacterial and antiseptic properties, meaning they kill the odor causing bacteria in your home – not just mask it.
- Make sure eco friendly air fresheners don’t contain nasty chemicals like phthalates or parabens which can be harmful to you & Mother Nature!
- Look for eco friendly air fresheners that are cruelty free and vegan.
- Find eco friendly air freshener that has a naturally sweet scent from ingredients like vanilla, grapefruit or lavender.
- Make sure eco friendly air fresher is safe to use around pets & children as well! There’s nothing worse than having your pooch sneeze after walking into the house because you sprayed an aerosol can of harsh chemicals all over.
- Choose eco friendly air freshener that’s not tested on animals.
- Look for eco friendly air fresheners made from all natural ingredients like organic corn starch and essential oils.
As we continue our journey towards living greener lives, it’s important to remember that even small changes can make big differences in protecting Mother Nature – like choosing eco-friendly air fresheners instead of conventional ones. Living green isn’t just about saving trees and recycling; it’s also about making eco friendly choices for your health and the environment.
How do I make my own natural, eco-friendly air freshener?
- Place several (12) cups of water in a saucepan, and heat until boiling.
- Add four chopped lemons to the saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for thirty minutes or so. Strain out lemon pieces with a sieve before removing pan from stovetop
- Fill your favorite spray bottle about halfway full with cold tap water; add juice of one lemon along with five drops each of lavender oil and melaleuca oil (aka tea tree).
- Fill remainder of way up top off with distilled vodka or witch hazel as both act as natural preservatives that help keep oils mixed together rather than separating over time.
- Shake well before using, then spritz inside house just before company comes to smell the lemony freshness!
- If you’d rather, skip vodka or witch hazel and use filtered water to keep it eco-friendly
Pros and cons of using Eco-Friendly Air Fresheners
All-natural ingredients are generally safe for people with allergies or chemical sensitivities. Eco-friendly air fresheners eliminate harsh chemicals often found in conventional products like formaldehyde, benzene compounds, phthalates, etc., which have been linked to health problems including cancer risk. The quality of essential oils used by eco friendly air fresheners does go a long way!
Some eco friendly air fresheners can irritate sensitive skin and eyes. Avoid the tea tree oil-based ones if you know you’re allergic or highly sensitive to it (it’s an essential oil). You should also avoid eco friendly air freshener that contains alcohol, as this ingredient is known to dry the mucous membranes in your lungs.
- May be too strong for some noses.
- Can stain carpets or clothes if spills occur.
- Ingredients in homemade recipes may not smell pleasant together.
Helpful tips on using Eco Friendly Air Fresheners
Make sure to shake well before using and spot test a small area of carpeting, wood surface, etc., prior to spritzing large amounts throughout the room (add tea tree oil sparingly as it can irritate eyes). Shake bottle occasionally while spraying indoors; this ensures that all oils get evenly distributed into the air rather than settling on surfaces where they will evaporate quickly with no benefit at all! Avoid spraying near any heat sources like fireplaces, radiators/heaters, candles, light (especially fluorescent), stoves, etc.
Some of the most popular ways to naturally clean your home without chemicals are using eco friendly air fresheners, essential oils and vinegar. Essential oils can be diffused in a room or placed on surfaces such as windowsills where they will release their aroma throughout the day while cleaning agents like white vinegar work well at removing odors from cabinets (though these three options may not kill all bacteria). For an earth-friendly alternative make sure you always use recycled shopping bags when grocery shopping!
Make your own eco friendly air freshener by mixing about 15 drops of pure essential oil into a cup of water with three teaspoons of baking soda mixed in. Then place it in an empty spray bottle for easy use!
Replace all surface cleaners you currently have at home with eco friendly alternatives like lemon juice or castile soap to keep the germs away without harsh chemicals! If possible opt for glass cleaner since it’s less likely to leave streaks on surfaces after cleaning them. Also, avoid products that contain bleach which can irritate allergies because they are very toxic if inhaled or touched directly!!
Use eco friendly natural ingredients instead of conventional ones when cooking meals at home. This will allow the food you eat to be healthier and eco friendly!
Use a natural alternative like a microfiber cloth instead of paper towels, which are not eco friendly since they’re made from trees that have been cut down.
The invention of air fresheners has come a long way since the original aerosol cans. There are now many types of eco-friendly options that can be used in your home, office, car and more without contributing to the environmental problem caused by traditional air fresheners. Eco friendly air freshener products use natural ingredients like essential oils or baking soda instead of harmful chemicals. This is not only better for you but also helps make your business space smell fresh while cutting out chemical smells found in other conventional air fresher brands. If you want a natural alternative check out eco friendly air fresheners at Amazon!